The producers of the Milwaukee Comedy Festival and Sketch 22 are very creative gentlemen. But they’re no gods. Maybe they’re working on it, but they can’t take a lump of clay or a rib or whatever to create talent. Besides, the talent they’re looking for already exists. They just need to meet it – or be reminded of it.
With that in mind, Matt Kemple and Patrick Schmitz and the producers of Bye Bye Liver: The Milwaukee Drinking Play, are inviting interested comedy performers – stand-ups, sketch actors and improvisers – to audition. They’re welcoming both individuals and groups.
Here are the details:
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 15
- Underground Collaborative, 161 W. Wisconsin Ave., lower level
- Fill out this form to secure a time slot.
- Bring a relevant resume and a photo.
- Be prepared to provide a sample of one or more of your abilities: Up to 5 minutes performing a comedy sketch; Up to 5 minutes of original standup material; Up to 5 minutes of improv.
The producers are forming a talent pool to be considered for a variety of Milwaukee-based comedy productions, including such ongoing shows as Retro Comedy Night, Variety Hour Happy Hour, Stand Up Showcase, Sketch 22 and the Milwaukee Comedy Festival.
“We are looking for talented comedy and improv groups as well as individual actors, improvisers, comedians of all kinds and people that are looking to be a part of something fun and exciting!” says a Facebook post on the auditions.
Initial response to a similar post last month was so impressive that the producers added this Dec. 15 date.