The Love of Laughter Comedy Club is offering a six-session workshop on the craft of humor.
For $35, students can learn the basics of talking funny and work toward delivering a humorous speech.
The workshop will run from 6:35 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Thursdays beginning March 27 at Herzing University, 555 South Executive Drive, one block west of Brookfield Square.
Here’s the schedule:
- March 27 – speech construction and types of humor
- April 10 – thirteen rules of humor
- April 24 – rules of speech structure and writing jokes
- May 8 – polish up your speech and how to deliver it funny
- May 22 – how to deliver a humorous speech, importance of conclusions, student speeches, class feedback and evaluations
- May 29 – where you can use humorous speeches, final speeches and evaluations
Space is limited to the first 10 people who register and pay. Contact Tom McFarlin, founder of the Love of Laughter Comedy Club, if you’re interested. Love of Laughter is an offshoot of Toastmasters and meets at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Thursdays of each month at Herzing’s Brookfield site.