After his smash-hit spoof of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Milwaukee comedy yoda Patrick Schmitz chose a lesser-known work to parody: Romeo and Juliet.
As he notes in the video interview above (shot at the Milwaukee Comedy Festival), Patrick pays homage to the Shakespeare tragedy while making it a comedy.
The cast is a Milwaukee comedy director’s wish list, including some of Patrick’s talented youngsters from the Organized Chaos improv program at First Stage Theater.
Don’t believe us? Look:
- Joey Flegel-Mishlove as Romeo
- Emilie Lozier as Juliet
- Maxwell Zupke as Benvolio
- Rich Laguna as Lord Capulet
- Amanda Eaton as Lady Capulet
- James Boland as Lord Montague
- Robby McGhee as Lady Montague
- Beth Ann the Nurse
- Kristoffer Puddicombe as Friar Lawrence
- Tim Higgins as Tybalt
- Alan Guszkowski as Mercutio
- Erik Koconis as Paris
- Alec Sill as Sampson
- Vince Figueroa as The Chorus & The Apothecary
- Lee Rowley as Prince Escalus
- Matthew Garnaas as Abrahm & Friar John
- Grant Boyer as Gregory & Peter
The Comedy of Romeo & Juliet Kinda Sorta
runs at 7:30 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 21, Friday, Aug. 22 and Saturday, Aug. 23 at Next Act Theatre, 255 S. Water St.
Please click here for tickets, which are selling fast. At $12 for Thursday and $15 for Friday and Saturday.