If you want to get something done, we have heard, give it to a busy person.
Examples of that abound in the Milwaukee comedy community. Take Sketch Marks. (Please.)
It’s a group of local comedians who liked performing with one another and – after talking about it while volunteering at the 8th annual Milwaukee Comedy Festival – decided to write sketches and do shows together. A year later, Sketch Marks performed to a full house at the 9th annual Milwaukee Comedy Festival.
Sketch Marks has two more shows in the next week and a half. But individual members are involved in other events as well. For instance,
- Amanda Sinko is singing and dancing with the rest of the cast of T.I.M., The Improvised Musical, at 7:30 p.m., Thursday, May 21, at ComedySportz.
- Kristin Althoff and Lindsey Walcott are in the Retro Comedy Night show at 8 p.m., Saturday, May 23, at Milwaukee’s Underground Collaborative. Retro is a live staging of an actual episode from a vintage TV sitcom. This show is Retro’s season finale.
- The same night, Becca Segal will be singing with her band, Clove, in East Troy.
- Lindsey is joining Lee Rowley and others for Lee Rowley & Friends Returns, a fundraiser for the Daystar women’s shelter. That’s at 8 p.m., Friday, May 29, at ComedySportz.
- Besides performing with Sketch Marks in the fundraiser for “The Comedy of Hamlet … kinda sorta,” Lee will improvise comedy as a member of Tall Boys in the same show, which is at 7 p.m., Saturday, May 30, at ComedySportz.
- Last month, Vince Figueroa joined Lee in Busy Bar improv in an Underground Collaborative show that also included Sketch Marks and Tall Boys.
Sketch Marks with Improv Limbo – 8 p.m., Friday May 22
In addition to its participation in the May 30 Hamlet fundraiser, Sketch Marks has a show Friday, May 22, with the long-form improv group Improv Limbo. That’s at 8 p.m. at ComedySportz, 420 S. 1st St. Admission is $10 at the door.
If you’re too busy, well, they understand.